×

Week 30: 68 Days to Go


I haven't blogged throughout my entire pregnancy due to my blog hiatus. While I have been journaling my pregnancy week to week (or when I had the energy to remember) in my own time, I figured I'd share these last few weeks here on the blog. A "Countdown to Baby," of sorts, since I'm just a few short months away.

I am officially in my third trimester! 30 weeks pregnant.....gaaaaahhhhh!! I don't even know what to say about week 30. Time is going by so FAST! Every day I ask myself how did I make it this far along this quick? I feel like it was just last month where I was waiting anxiously for my monthly friend to come, only to confirm my suspicions of me being pregnant when she didn't come on time. From here on out, I feel like the rest of my pregnancy is going to just fly right before my eyes!


The fact that Baby Jacobs will be here in just 11 weeks blows my mind. Thankfully, my pregnancy has been a pretty smooth one! No morning sickness or extreme cases of nausea. Aside from the fatigue that never seems to go away, I've been experiencing some round ligament pain and these random shooting pains going down the back of my thighs.

This little one is sitting right on my bladder, too, so a sneeze, laugh, or bump in a car ride can be a problem. I've barely gained weight of my own, so the 5 pounds I've gained thus far has gone straight to baby and her home, for now. So, while I feel like I'm carrying a load (this belly is getting heavy!), it hasn't been too bad toting this bump around.

Just thinking of this new life my husband and I will bring into this world is both humbling and overwhelming. I'm humbled that God chose me to be this little girl's mommy. Humbled that He trusts me and my husband with her life. Completely in awe at how God formed and fashioned the woman's body to carry and nourish a child so it can grow over these ten months.

I'm overwhelmed with excitement for when my daughter gets here and I can finally see her face. Overwhelmed with thoughts about whether or not I'll be able to handle the pain of child birth (my tolerance for pain is okay...ish, but I hear labor is NO JOKE). Overwhelmed with whether or not I'll know how to be the best mother I can be to her. It's a lot to wrap your brain around, but the Lord is definitely preparing my husband and I for this new season in our lives. Most of all, I'm just overwhelmed and in awe of God's goodness.

Until then, I'll just meditate on what a blessing we have on the way, just completely grateful at God's faithfulness and Him giving me another chance at motherhood. I'll also be awaiting my baby shower in March that my sister-in law, best friends, and mom is putting together for us. Ugh! I can't wait!

There's lots to look forward to. All I can say is Thank You Jesus!

No comments

Copyright © Napturally DanyCREATED BY ThemeShine