×

Happy New Year | 2015 Goals


Happy New Year! 2015 is officially here, and I am so excited to be entering into a new season. I am ready for all that the Lord has in store for me and my family in this new season.

I’m a little late with this post, I know, but, better late than never, right? Right!

I’ve taken a break from blogging just so I can focus on school this past semester— It’s been a serious challenge managing writing a thesis for the Honors Program while keeping up with regular classes. On top of that, I had to adjust to married life and learn how to be someone’s wife (post coming up later this month on that). Nonetheless, I am back and ready to get back to blogging!
I thought I’d come and share my goals for 2015. I have it written down for myself, but posting it in the virtual world sort of keeps me accountable. Every time I come back to my blog to write something for you guys, I can check myself and make sure I’m on track and doing what I need to do to accomplish my goals for the year. Maybe some of these things will encourage you to get started and start making things happen in your own life. So, without further ado, here they are:
1. Deeper Intimacy  In 2014, my faith was put to the test. I’ve learned to put my trust in God a lot more than I’ve done in the past. When it came down to planning and paying for my wedding and just managing things going on in my life, God showed himself strong. I kept confessing that our needs would be met, and that we would be able to endure through all that  we had gone through. God saw us through it and poured out a blessing exceedingly and abundantly over what my husband and I could have imagined. I’m learning to stop worrying, doubting, and putting God in a box. Now, I’m not perfect at all—I could stand to read the Word and pray and just be intimate with God. Just me and Him. That’s what I long for in this season.  That you man walk (live and conduct yourselves) in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him and desiring to please Him in all things, bearing fruit in every good work and steadily growing and increasing in and by the knowledge of God [with fuller, deeper, and clearer insight, acquaintance, and recognition]. Colossians 1:10 AMP

2. Write it Down, Make it Happen Now, there’s a book out called Write it Down, Make it Happen by Henriette Anne Klauser, but I haven’t gotten around to reading it yet. But, I’ve been feeling stuck lately with my blog, not really knowing what to write. Part of this is because I’ll get some really good ideas for content to share, but it escapes my mind because I didn’t write it down! Or, I'll have ideas, but I'm just not confident in my ideas. I’m so used to holding everything in my head, sort of like a mental checklist, and I think this method is starting to fail me. It’s so much easier having something tangible that you can see and actually cross off on paper. I got myself a cute little notebook, and seeing my ideas down on paper actually helps me make them come to life.

3. Keep in Touch After my wedding and having so much fun with my bridesmaids and reconnecting, I realized how much I truly missed my girls. We’ve been friends for ten years, but we haven’t always kept in touch. However, whenever we get together it’s like nothing has ever changed! I want to make it a point to keep in touch with them regularly—not just talking though text message, or social media, but actually going out and doing something with them. While I am married and my priorities are different so I won't be able to do everything I do want to make time for my ladies and make sure to keep in touch.

4. Prioritize Making time to spend with my girls comes with managing my time better. I do have a husband, and throughout the week things are pretty chill since we’re both working and are usually pooped when we get home. Fridays and Saturdays are really the only time we have to spend with each other, and I want to leave one, if not both of those days open to spend time with hubby. I also need to make time to spend with my family! Ugh! It has been a struggle trying to find time to do all of this, while working, going to school, and trying to maintain a blog. In 2015 I plan to have this thing down to a science (or close to it).

5. Consistency With prioritizing comes consistency! I want to be more consistent in everything I do this year: blogging, my time with God, school, spending time with family and friends, etc… Once I find the right balance, I believe things will flow a lot smoother than they have been (because my life has been quite hectic the past few months!)

6. Be Shameless and Fearless  I’ve been doubting myself a whole lot and have been scared to do what it is I really wanted to do, especially when it comes to this blog…And IDK why!! Ugh, I need to get it together. This year, I just plan on going for it—whatever it is. It’s okay to push the envelope a little, right?

7. Take More Photos  I want to take more pictures in 2015. I’ve never been a huge picture person—I actually hate taking pictures sometimes, mainly because I hate how I look in photos. But, pictures are how memories are created. It gives you something to look back on, and I especially want to take more photos with my husband. It’s time we create those memories together so we can look back on and so we have something to show our children once we have them and they get older.

8. Preservation of Self  I’ll be 23 years old in three months, and I want to preserve my body through healthy practices. That starts with feeding my body the proper foods, drinking more water, and exercising consistently. Ever since my honey moon, my husband has been going through different health issues back to back to back, which never happened in the past. It was rare that he ever got sick! It was a stomach issue one week and then a cold or something of the like the next week, and it was the same cycle over and over and over. Me myself, I’ve been extremely tired and fatigued and just feeling really sluggish. Even on nights when I get 8 hours of sleep, I’d still wake up dirt tired. For 2015, I don’t want to just talk about weight loss and healthy eating, but I want to be about it. Its time we start doing something—we are way too young for our bodies to start breaking down and giving out on us in our 20’s.
For the past week, I’ve been drinking two 32 oz. jugs of water, and my body feels a lot better. I’m less bloated, my skin even looks a bit brighter, and my body is getting rid of so much water weight! I’ve lost five pounds already, and it’s amazing how much water your body holds on to when you’re dehydrated and don’t even know it! I also notice that I eat less because I’m full off water, which lowers my calorie intake. It’s just about time to get moving and feeding my body more fruits and vegetables so I gets the nutrition that it needs.

9. Protective Styling I want to keep up with protective styling this year. Once school started, I started protective styling by accident. I just didn’t have the time to worry about twisting my hair up every night for the perfect twist-out, so I wore two French-style flat twists basically every day. Maybe one or two days, I’d wear my hair in a puff, and that was basically it. I want to keep up this routine in 2015, whether it be wearing my flat twists or installing some Marley twists on my hair. My hair has been thanking me for the low-manipulation, and I do see some length.

10. Spend Wisely  I want to be a smart spender in 2015. Before I got married, I was used to buying whatever I wanted when I wanted (whether it was with my own money or charged to a credit card— BIG NO NO!). Things don’t work that way when you’re married, especially when you have to pay this money back! I’m learning to be a smart spender, only spending money on things I need.  Of course, I buy something I want every now and then, like a new beauty or hair product or a clothing item. My rule now is if I don’t have the cash for it, I don’t buy it, no matter how much I try to convince myself (and hubby lol) that I need it. I’m learning to be content with what I have, and not feeling like I need to buy everything.

So, that’s it for my goals for 2015! I hope everyone has had a great and productive New Year so far and has started 2015 off with a bang! What are some of your goals for 2015?






No comments

Copyright © Napturally DanyCREATED BY ThemeShine